Chemical peels are used to improve imperfections of your skin because a thin layer of the epidermis is removed. This can be used to treat unevenly pigmented and wrinkled skin and improve the color and texture to create a radiant, healthy and youthful appearance.
What are chemical peels?
A peeling is an excellent method to improve your skin and stimulate collagen. As we age, dead skin cells do not slough off as easily as when we are younger, causing the skin to appear dull. Chemical peels are used to improve imperfections of your skin because a thin layer of the epidermis is removed. This can be used to treat unevenly pigmented and wrinkled skin and improve the color and texture to create a radiant, healthy and youthful appearance. This is also a gold standard treatment for acne and congested skin.
How does it work?
Face & Body Boutique carry out various peelings depending on the issue to be treated. Each one has a different effect, so you can determine with your cosmetic provider which one suits your skin and wishes the best. Peelings have a restorative and collagen stimulating effect. For optimal results, multiple treatments are recommended.
Dermaceutic Peels: These are effective peels that can only be applied by clinical and medical skin specialists.
- Mask Peel: A great peel for acne prone and oily skin. The acids help to unclog the pores, diminish bacterial growth and a clay ingredient helps to decrease sebum (oil production). Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Bentonite (clay)
- Milk Peel: Superficial peel to refresh the skin and to treat mild acne and pigmentation. This peel targets the epidermis of the skin to remove the top layer of dead skin cells. This is a light peel that has very minimal downtime and allows for refreshed and glowing skin. Ingredients: Glycolic, Lactic and Salicylic acids
- Cosmo Peel: A more aggressive peel to treat deeper pigmentation like melasma and to stimulate collagen. Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) affects both the top layer (epidermis) and deeper layer (dermis) of the skin and is used to treat skin issues more aggressively. The Cosmo Peel is great to treat melasma, sun damage, deeper acne scars, aging and wrinkled skin. Two days after the peel, the peeling process typically begins. The patient sheds the skin from 5 to 10 days and must use SPF and avoid the sun. For the best results, maintenance and multiple peels and are recommended. Ingredients: TCA 12%, 15%, 18% or 20%
- Cosmo Peel Forte: Our deepest and most effective peel to treat pigmentation, sun damage, acne scars and improve texture of aging skin. When peels penetrate deeper into this skin, this causes tightening, lifting of the skin and improvement of fine lines and wrinkles. Typically, patients need to condition their skin in order to be ready for a deeper peel. This required lighter peels and prescribed skincare before the Cosmo Peel Forte treatment. Ingredients: TCA, phenol, Glycolic acid
These peels are the perfect solutions for difficult to treat inflammatory skin conditions. We choose these peels for patients that have couperose, rosacea, hormonal acne, atopic and sensitive skin and skin prone to eczema. Our specialist will determine which ingredients will be best for your skin. Ingredients: Mandelic acid, Gluconolactone, Kerato-régulateur, Retinol
- Azelan peel: A great treatment for inflammatory acne, rosacea, post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and seborrheic dermatitis. Ingredients: Salicylic acid 20%, azelic acid 20%
- Cosmelan Peel: The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel is a unique, multi-ingredient chemical treatment designed to reduce areas of skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation. Melanin is responsible for creating the skin tone and color, as well as splotchy areas of darker tissue. The Cosmelan Peel decreases the skin’s natural melanin production by inhibiting certain enzymes, providing an even complexion.
We carry many different types of peels as every person’s skin and skin issues are unique. Our providers will discuss at length your skin type and desires in order to choose the perfect chemical peel for you.
What to expect?
Face & Body Boutique carry out various peelings depending on the issue to be treated.
Each one has a different effect, so you can determine with the cosmetic provider which
one suits your skin and wishes the best. Peelings have a restorative and collagen stimulating effect. For optimal results, multiple treatments are recommended.
Who is a good candidate?
Consider a chemical peel if you experience:
- Sun damage
- Acne and acne scars
- Dull and wrinkled skin
- Large pore size
Is there any aftercare required?
The aftercare will vary depending on the depth and type of peel you are treated with. Your provider will discuss aftercare in detail.
It is recommended to avoid irritating skincare products for 2 weeks post procedure. We also recommend that patients avoid tanning beds, wear spf greater than 30 daily, avoid saunas and swimming pools until the skin has fully healed.
Is it safe?
Peelings are safe but certain care and measures must be taken from both the patient and the provider to ensure beautiful and safe results. Post Inflammatory hyperpigmentation is the largest risk associated with chemical peels which is why SPF post procedure is extremely important. It is also important to avoid irritating products post procedure like creams with retinoids, vitamin A, salicylic acid and glycol acid. Your provider will discuss the risks in depth. Patients should avoid peels if they have an active bacterial infection or cold sores on the skin.
A light chemical peel can improve skin texture and tone, as well as decrease the appearance of fine wrinkles. The results will be subtle at first, but will increase with repeated treatments.
If you have a medium to deep chemical peel, treated skin will be noticeably smoother after the procedure.
All chemical peels will reveal a more radiant skin texture, smaller pores, less pigmentation and ore even skin tone. Peelings help increase collagen and elastin stimulation which will slow down the aging process and tighten the skin over time.
Prijzen van een peeling
Get to know us
Please feel free to make an appointment with one of our practitioners using the options below. We are happy to help you with a personal treatment plan tailored to your wishes and aesthetic goals. We look forward to welcoming you!